1 - Had I been born a girl I would have been named Katherine, after one of the central characters of the Geoffrey Trease book 'Cue for Treason'
2 - I play chess at a reasonably decent level for my local team...I also write their match reports
3 - I am an awful liar
4 - My heroes include Marc Overmars, Groucho Marx and James Stewart
5 - I am interested in things like Tarot and Horoscopes even though I do not believe in astrology, I think they have a placebo like affect that can be beneficial
6 - If I had sons I would like to name them Jo and Dan, that is Johan and Dante
7 - I am incredibly nervous about public speaking or any other kind of performance
8 - Whilst I have an eclectic taste in music that leans predominantly towards indie my favourite music to listen to live is folk
9 - Despite being fairly sarcastic myself, I do not recognise other people's sarcasm very well at all.
10 - I spend hours worrying about the smallest of things, pondering the slightest thing that might have been said. My fear of rejection is immense, rivalled only by my fear of failure. I find it very difficult to accept that anyone actually likes me.
11 - I will do almost anything to avoid an argument about anything personal
12 - I subconsciously rehearse conversations in my head, when I say something witty it is often scripted
13 - Writing this list is incredibly difficult for me, real insight into my inner self is not something that I offer up to anyone, mostly because I'm ashamed of it.
14 - I buy wine almost entirely based upon the name and appearance of the bottle
15 - With a few exceptions I only do things that I find easy or am naturally good at...revision, practice and dedication are alien concepts to me
16 - Luckily I have a very high opinion of my own abilities, allowing me to complete everyday tasks under the illusion that I am doing them in a manner vastly superior to everybody else...seriously I believe myself to be better at shopping than other people.
17 - When I was very young I was sent to my room without dinner for refusing to be the farmer's wife in the game 'The farmer's in his den'
18 - My favourite composer is Bach, my favourite picture is 'The Ambassadors' by Hans Holbein (It's in the National Gallery in London, please take a look next time you are nearby) and my favourite poems are Tennyson's 'Charge of the Light Brigade' and Noakes' 'The Highwayman'
19 - I have only thrown up as a result of alcohol twice, but as an unfortunate side effect of drinking too much snaps in one evening I can no longer eat or drink anything with a peach flavour
20 - I turned vegetarian on a whim and have no particular reason for continuing to be so. Strangely enough I am steadily growing stricter on the matter.
21 - I prefer wearing smart clothes like suits and ties, I think this has something to do with my general preference for order and regulation alongside my complete artistic failings which continue into the world of fashion
22 - Films that I especially enjoy that you might not know include 'Harold & Maude', 'Jean de Florette' (and it's sequel 'Manon des Sources'), 'His Girl Friday', 'The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp' and 'It Happened One Night'. I cannot recommend any of these films too much
23 - I am exceedingly shallow and jealous of other's successes
24 - My dreams include living in New Zealand, sailing around the world and owning a VW camper van
25 - Three of the above are lies
Thoughts on leaving teaching
14 years ago

2 comments:
Three of them are lies? IF I guess which three will you tell me?
Only if you get them right ;)
Post a Comment